I’m currently travelling around Europe with my twin brother, and so today’s post is a conglomeration of different snapshots rather than a recipe.
Some vignettes from the last few weeks…
- My niece’s birthday cake! She turned 6 right after the whole family adopted two wonderful kittens, so the cake was kitten-themed. Her mother and I worked together to make the cake (and my other niece made the black cat’s body!)
- Chocolate chip cookies cookies cookies cookies cookies (that I then froze). Check out Sunaina’s Quest for Chocolate Chip Cookies for her own thoughts on the thin chocolate chip cookie (mine were chunky and a little too round for my liking from having been in the freezer)!
- Balloon flowers! (Somehow I remembered how to make balloon things…)
- Piroshki and some very silly hedgie wine!
- Leftover piroshki filling made into fried potato-cakes with sriracha-chili mayonnaise dip
- Sherry banana bread muffins with raisins
- The dear friends who are travelling with me 🙂
(I made this tiny little one because my friend handed me yarn and a crochet hook, but for a crocheted octopus of your own, check out Kisses or Stitches on Etsy)
Happy travels, wherever you may be!